CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank a Solider.. First off all I want to thank all of the soldiers out there protecting our country... I come from a family of Marines ( dad was a Navy man ). My uncles are gone now ( retired Gunnery Sgts ) but they all had great stories to tell... My dad was on a ship, The USS Hamlin, and he was out on deck early one morning having a cup of coffee and saw the soldiers raise the American flag on Mt Suribachi, Iwo Jima in WWII... what a great story to tell my grand kids, because I'm sure they will not learn of the flag raising in school... It was another beautiful day here... I could really get used to this :)... Here is a Thanksgiving card I made using a stamp from "Our Craft Lounge" , Spellbinders die and paper from a Debbie Mumm paper pack.. all on kraft cardstock and colored with Copics..

A leftover little bling and ribbon, a doily from the dollar store.. and a matching envelope...

Thank you for stopping by, enjoy your evening and will hopefully see you this weekend since I have if off (Woo Hoo) .... Hugs... Jen

And I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me..

Lee Greenwood

No comments: